Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Sorry, but more on the Oscars

I have more thoughts and comments.

One of the guests at my BIG OSCAR PARTY [sure wish you could hyper-link to pics so you could see the fabulous gown I was wearing, but you can't since I'm not technically proficient, and I was kind of dressed down anyway] stuck around after the show to watch post-game highlights.

Oh my god, the newscasts were amazingly, unbelievably stoopid. One lady reporter, who failed to immediately give the name of the designer of her gown and then finally did, said that she and her dress were not important because the stars inside whatever party she was crashing were the REAL STARS.

[In case you’re wondering, I can’t remember the name since I’ve never heard of that designer. But, that’s not important because her dress looked like a towel, and again, she’s not the REAL STAR of the Oscars or this posting.]

We watched the Barbara Walters' Special – all of it I think. The Will Farrell interview was too short, and he deserves better than BW for an interviewer. That woman from “Desperate Housewives” was HIGH-larious. She realized recently that her life needed value. If she didn’t find value, she was going to go another 10 years without value in her life. Thank you Teri Hatcher. I am now on a crusade to make sure all my loved ones have value in their lives. Mom, Dad, brothers, sisters, friends, dog – get some value or you may go years without it. I was really hoping that she was going to come out or something. I keep hearing that someone on that show is a lesbian, and I need to know. Stop teasing me. Finally, the show got really special when Jamie Foxx was turning Barbara on with his talk about preferring thick women. I thought that was hot.

Also, in other news … . We saw a report about Los Angeles churches having a problem with the L.A. Marathon getting in the way of their services. Apparently, L.A. always does its marathon on Sundays without a thought in the world about the traffic problems faced by local parishioners. No one shows up to church on Marathon Sunday, and the churches don’t like it because people need to be able to worship. There are no plans to change the date to a federal, non-Sunday holiday, reroute it, or push the start to 2 or 3 in the p.m. One churchgoing woman said she planned to pray for the runners. So the newscaster dude concluded the story with, “Well I guess they’ve reached a compromise.” Uhm, that’s not a compromise, Mr. Dumbass. That’s Truth speaking to Power and Power kicking Truth's ass, winning, saying suck this, etc. That’s some old lady giving up and deciding to wait until she dies to become important.

3 Added Something:

Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

I agree completely on your Baba Wawa commentary. The Ferrel is always remarkable and steps up to the level of the interviewer. Hatcher, charmingly neurotic...needs to eat. Jamie Foxx is so talented it is sickening. Mmmmm, thick women....

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

honestly, the only time i watch the Oscars is when it’s accidental and the only time i watch Barbara Walters is when i’m high. but this year i threw all of that out the window and decided to make an evening of it.

the evening wasn't really all that bad, and i think i learned a little something about "value." Yes, in a materialistic world of self-indulgence diamond studded with bejeweled pompous arrogance, i’m glad someone like Teri Hatcher has the sagacity to to talk about what we're all thinking-- value

oh, and i almost pissed my pants when Jamie Foxx told B.W. that he likes “thick women.” damn, i hear dat. 'cause i’m lookin at Barbara and thinking i’d tap dat.

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:47:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I loved the interview with Terri Hatcher. As a devoted fan of Desperate Housewives, I think the whole ABC network should direct as much attention as they can to the only good show they have. It makes sense, really. Terri Hatcher, the heart and star of DH, is inspiring because she went from making Radio Shack commercials to winning a Golden Globe. The problem with Bab's show is that it wasn't completely about DH. They needed to interview ALL the housewives. The housewives should also take over The View, a show I don't watch but would were it hosted by the women of Wysteria Lane.

Also, it's clear that the Acedemy loathes genuis and brilliance. They passed up Marty Scorcese once again. I want to go and punch all those members who voted for Clint. Not that I don't like Clint or think he's not brilliant and genius himself - but he's already got an Oscar. If they could give Pacino one for Scent of a Woman and Newman one for the Color of MOney, surely they could have given Marty the oscar for THe Aviator. Darn it if that didn't just make me MAD!

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home