Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Updates

I've been working a bunch lately, thus the lack of posting. Highlights from my life in the past week:

It' NBA Playoff time in our home!!! Yeah!!! Just kidding. I've been watching Elias watch a lot of ball. I'm learning a lot too. Do you know how many championships Phil Jackson's coaching has won? After many guesses, I got the answer right.*

I'm still driving a rental SUV while the insurance adjusters figure out what to do about my rear ended car. It looks like they plan to total my car out and give me money. It's a bad time to be driving a gas guzzler, but I have to admit I like it at the same time. It's really comfortable, drives well, and high off the ground which makes me feel powerful. Quite a contrast to a Toyota Corolla.

Last night, Elias and I got a taste for parenthood while we babysat my 1-year-old nephew and his 6-year-old sister. Caring for children is exhausting, and I'm really impressed at my brother's efforts. I'm asking myself some really hard questions.

Back to work ... .

*9 total (3 with the Lakers and 6 with the Bulls).

P.S. -- Super M, since you don't take my calls now that we don't work together, will you post a comment informing me about your attendance at the labor law section meeting on Friday? See you there?

3 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Oh K stop it -- I take your calls. Stop driving that SUV (I know it is nice though!)

41 dollars to fill up my tiny sentra, aaaargh!

Is Bush still in cali - we should show up there and stage a mass protest about this.

41 dollars can buy me nice pair of jeans, or a shirt -

or feed a whole dang village.

What the F-

Thursday, April 27, 2006 9:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

our trailblazer guzzles $50 and then asks for dessert. the lakers-phoenix series is pretty fun, even though neither team will make it very far - i think the lakers will win the series though. detroit will beat san antonio in 6 games for the championship.

Thursday, April 27, 2006 2:22:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

K, I can appreciate your dilema with the SUVs. They are REALLY NICE to drive. But, alas, they are gas guzzlers. If only the car companies would release the technology what would allow us to drive SUVs that run on twinkies and produce no pollutants.

Babies: Yes, yes, and yes. I hung out with some toddlers the other day and was reminded how I think they are the most amazing people on the planet (Yes, despite all the diaper changing, crying and worrying involved).

Thursday, April 27, 2006 5:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home