Monday, November 06, 2006

GOTV

How's everyone feeling about the big day?

The Huffington Post published a blog about GOTV.

On Saturday, I did GOTV work for Aimee Allison who is running for Oakland City Council for the Second District. She is awesome, and people in that district should vote for her. She's 35, African American, and a member of the Green Party. She was a conscientious objector back in the first gulf war and continues to oppose U.S. involvement in Iraq. She's giving her business-as-usual opponent a run for her money, and I'm sucked in to the excitement of it. Aimee's optimism and hope is the sincerest I've seen in a long time, and nobody better harsh on me for appreciating it. I have the whole governor thing to mope about, so let me have a little joy.

3 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I say revel in the joy when and where you find it cause there's enough of the other shit everywhere.

In my precinct walk in LA I got grabbed by a drunk, homeless, toothless guy and an elementary school mom walking with us came back with a bag of marijuana in her kid's stroller. Just picking up litter like a mom does, you know.

Monday, November 06, 2006 3:28:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

Congrats on finding someone inspirational to stump for. I get inspired knowing you are so passionate.

and, yeah...comments are down at my place pending a software upgrade.

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 12:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Precinct walk, almost got eaten by a dog, everyone was so friendly and said they would vote for Angelides, will they make it to the polls on tuesday?
I hopso but a lot of them did not hwere their polling places were.
Well K- at leasts their hearts are in the right place.

I've forgiven the losers - the priest said I should have love for my neighbors even the ones that back stab me - I'm free to love now so I've let it go. mosca

Tuesday, November 07, 2006 2:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home