Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Recovering From New Year's Eve



Here's a photo of Elias and me on our last night in the Northwest. We were celebrating Special Mom's birthday.

We returned to the bay area on the afternoon of the 31st and immediately began celebrating the end of 2006. We were joined by Johnya (Brother John and wife, Tonya) and their kids. Anna Eng and Toome came over too.

By 8:30 p.m., I was exhausted from the dance performance my niece choreographed. I don't know if she knows who Madonna is, but she is very familiar with moves that remind me of "Like a Virgin." Elias tells me that it's not unusual for kids to dance like that, but I'm not convinced that it's appropriate. I didn't try moves like that until I was of drinking age.

I insisted that we work with other images which allowed me to call upon my one year of Butoh dancing at Evergreen. Instead of sexy six year old, we used images like waterfall, lake, funky old man, super sassy angry monster, and earthquake to arrange our piece.


Don't we look appropriate for any age?

5 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Looks like y'all had a good time. Nice to see E get some face time. Your niece is too cute.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 12:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

that last pic is actually from a contest to see who is the queen of scowl. kathy, a.k.a. grimmy, revolutionized the art years ago and was said to be the greatest of all time. but now delaney, a.k.a. little kathy, at the tender age of 6, is already demonstrating such a precociously petulant genius that many critics are picking her for this year's most valuable scowler.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007 6:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

CHECK YOUR GMAIL!!!

Thursday, January 04, 2007 10:33:00 AM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

I collect royalties on 'funky old man'.

Thursday, January 04, 2007 12:46:00 PM  
Blogger Cloudy quipped...

Oh my gosh, you & your niece have the exact same face. Incredible.

it was good seeing you & Elias.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 8:58:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home