Friday, December 15, 2006

We Are Crazy!

This post is a companion or follow up to the last one. I'm kind of conflicted about our xmas travel plans. While I am excited to see friends and family, I'm afraid of the cold and discomfort that I'm sure to experience. I understand that a million people in the northwest are currently without power, and that winds are shutting down bridges and airport runways. People are getting in car accidents, and schools are closed. Even California papers are reporting on the bad weather. Mostly cheerful Cloudy's reports have evolved from delight to despair. She complains, and Xui has confirmed to me, that there was only one rainless day in all of November!

7 Added Something:

Blogger non_seq quipped...

I'm just glad I returned to Seattle from a work-related trip one-day after this happened, allowing a day to let things die down. I don't like flying, it turns out.

Friday, December 15, 2006 7:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Everything has calmed down now, but it was a wild night. We didn't lose power though. Anyway, looking forward to seeing you. Are you bringing us cookies?

Saturday, December 16, 2006 10:05:00 AM  
Blogger lucy4 quipped...

We are also going on a holiday road trip. We just got a dog recently and we didn't know you had to book a kennel months in advance. We might have to trust one of those teens that offer dogsitting services in the neighborhood newsletter. Trusting a teen! Imagine that.

Oh yeah, you should visit Portland if you can. They have lotsa microbrews if you like beer. And Good Dog, Bad Dog restaurant. And Mary's.

Saturday, December 16, 2006 2:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

i'm gonna suck it up this year and forgo the rainstorms, microbrews and flannel for the holidays. Seems heretical, but I plan to go to the beach, watch movies on xmas day with my jewish brethren/sistren and complain when it gets down to 68 degrees in my apartment.

Enjoy the lovely Pacific NW for me!!!

Sunday, December 17, 2006 12:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I guess you are a ture California girl after all K.

Monday, December 18, 2006 12:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

"true"

Monday, December 18, 2006 12:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I was almost swept away into a storm drain on my way, on foot, to see the stupid Seahawks lose to SF. I braved hurricane force winds and got completely drenched in the process, and how did the 'Hawks repay my tenacity? They played like a bunch of inept losers. Thanks for nothing, Seahawks!

Monday, December 18, 2006 12:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home