Monday, March 14, 2005

Loose Ends and Updates


I had to dress up recently. Clearly, no botox and too little on the make up. Thanks York for the photo. Elija has agreed to be my systems administrator. Thus the photo postings of late. My tech guy also changed my browser, and I've had to learn to use it and reset everything. I'm still figuring things out. It's for the best.

So much to tell... sort of in order...

On Friday, I learned my teeth are more fucked up than ever. The night before, I was on painkillers, and that was fun. Dealing with Kaiser is not. Paying to park at my HMO, even for $2, pisses me off.

My birthday was lovely. Elias, the boyfriend, came through with a fancy dinner and sweet presents on Friday night. The coworkers kicked in with a home karaoke machine. Yeah for me and too bad for my neighbors.

My joint birthday party with my roommate, Martina, was great fun. Anna gave me a set of 8 martini glasses, so I can't quit drinking any time soon. Neither can anyone who stops by. Steve gave me a book on blogging and Robin gave me a much needed, compact, California bird guide. The bird guide fits in my back pocket! Two of my roommate's friends gave me gifts -- how thoughtful. Rafi and Serene gave me panties from American Apparel. One for me and one for E. Francesca gave me the cutest little blown glass vase. Other gifts -- TJ gift card, potted flowers, and all sorts of spirits. I had homemade cake courtesy of Elias. Pac'a slept in until 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, so you know we were up late. My mom, dad, bros, Chuy, et al called. Thank you to all of you.

I learned my friend, Batt, is putting his new diet out there to the public in the form of t-shirts and coffee mugs.

Dirty Dan gave me bday wishes on his blog. Longtime friend, Colleen, featured me in her blog today. I thought she was going to write more stuff on the gun incident and less about drugs and my bossy ways.

[To be clear, in case you read Colleen's piece: I'm not a public defender, but instead I'm a legal aid lawyer. I don't do any criminal law, and by federal regulation, I cannot. So don't start with the questions. I will give you this tip: if you're busted with less than an ounce of weed, insist that the charge be reduced to a misdemeanor of disturbing the peace or something. Don't admit to anything; you don't need a drug conviction on your record. I have never personally been arrested or charged for any offense, but I know people who have. Also, I did a 3-month internship with the public defender's office, and I learned a lot. If you have problems with your welfare, social security, unemployment, and foodstamps, I'm your girl, but only if you live in our service area.]

For our trip next week, we're going to Morro Bay on the California coast. We booked a room at a Days End, and we can bring Pac'a, and they have a hot tub. Good birding. Not too long of a drive.

Elias left this morning. He's back to the bay area for the week. Also, he'll be teaching some Greek this summer at U.C. Berkeley, so get enrolled now.

I learned today that Mosca doesn't like to go a day without reading me. Sorry. But it's weird too since she complains about my writing. It's not formal enough, she complains. But I'm not writing for a judge; I'm writing my blog and working hard to develop my voice... . I referred her to Colleen and Dirty Dan since both mention me lately, and as a mom, she should read DD's posting about Bratz (DDWS, 3/3/05). I also promised to get my act together and provide more value to my people.

19 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Can I just take a moment to point out how cool it is that everybody I cared about when I was a kid now posts a blog?

Monday, March 14, 2005 10:03:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

I want to read your blog.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:19:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I like your blog voice a lot, Kathy. I think it's perfect: clear, succinct, funny, direct. I value these things. Forget the comments about making it more formal, you're blog is great to read.

By the by, I was at your b-day party in spirit!!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 8:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I believe we're actually staying at the Day's Inn, not the Day's End, which is probably the name of some apocalyptic incest/castration camp. But hey, as long as they have a hottub...

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:03:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

hey sista, don't take no bullshit from Mosca. write how you want in what ever voice or language u want. that's right Mosca, i'm callin' you out. this aint no english class, baby. you just got served!

by the way, i was also at Kathy's b-day party in spirit, drinking spirits.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Nice Sheff can't you stop making me sound like a meany.

Besides I think your blog is getting better. I never said 'formal.'

And by the way, Ed you're just lucky, I like your kid - is that you- or are you the other one.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 12:39:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

you're very kind with the mentions and the linking. oh...and - sh*t! I forgot to develop a blog voice! or learnn to punctuate / or type very well too!

donovan, you simply must blog again.

mosca, where's yours?

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:15:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Sorry for so many postings but I keep leaving.

Anyway, because I'm not as full of myself as it appears-- I just want to say that I'm no one to talk, I'm just a middle-age writer who doesn't write trapped in lawyer's clothing with one redeeming quality-like KS I help people for a living.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 1:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

It's funny because Dirty Dan has a very distinct blog voice and it's more my thing. (read previous disclaimer)

Sorry Dirty Dan- I don't have time with two kids self-hating all the time because my family buys them too many bratz dolls- and I don't want to bore people with my constant ranting about everything (and no I don't think your blog is boring, I like it)

Speaking of Bratz dolls- I'm not sure how I feel about them but my girls prefer the ones who are suppose to be African American and the Latina even though like someone pointed out they all look latina which according to Pissed Kitty is a gangbanger crack whore. I'm not sure all latina's look like gang banger crack whores (J-lo kind of does) - when I was little I was ashamed of having olive skin - maybe that's why I don't mind bratz dolls so much - I had two choices afro queen barbie or white barbie -- I never really liked dolls when I was a kid preferring instead to play with star wars figures, forte apache and burying army men (yes, I had brothers) -- but someone gave me the afro barbie and the Cindy Brady doll. My mom crocheted(sp?) them a kick-ass brown matching suit with matching hat that they shared. They were ultra seventies chicks- mostly they just sat on my dresser. Sooo even though Bratz dolls are stupid boy -crazy shallow slutty looking dolls - they look ethnic and well apparently my daughters have self-identified with the one's that look more like them and that can't be all bad? right? I think bratz are sad representation of what a lot of teenagers are actually like today- my kids of course idolize teenagers cuz their cool - so every chance I get I try to infuse a sense of social justice into my kids - so at least they will be gang banger crack whores that give back to the community not like that J-Lo beeeoch who doesn't represent!!

BTW- KS kind of looks like the Afircan American Bratz doll with a nose- too bad her shoes don't come off feet and all. With KS it would have to be interchangeable funny socks too make her happy.

Alright I will start my own blog and stop using Kathy's blog as my work break.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:00:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Mosca, you take lovely photos and write poems. I remember the one you wrote about me being a stuck up know it all. That was before we really learned to like each other.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

c'mon Mosca. i'm NOT the one with a kid. i know you aint saying we all look alike.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Well there is a sheff family resemblance. Or do you Sheff's not look alike at all? Do you like a Bratz boy doll, I think you kind of do. KS does.
Okay no more. BTW I'm super now.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 2:56:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

i usually smile for the camera

and i'm super, too.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

doesn't Kathy's brother look mean

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

my, what big foreheads those sheffield's have

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

be sure you get Kathy's job title right or you'll hear about it for days

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

you sure got that right, eddiewank

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:49:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

oops made mistake
ks looks like madison my scene barbie not bratz doll
http://www.magmaheritage.com/madison3wavehalf_large.jpg

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 3:55:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

haha, it's a madhouse in here!

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 4:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home