Wednesday, March 16, 2005

When Did This Stop Being About Me?

Mosca asked me to put up an image of a boybrat. She was no doubt inspired by DD's bratz piece (DDWS 3/2/05) and the photo of Ed (SS 3/15/05) . She doesn't have a blog, nor does she want to post comments on other peoples' blogs.

I'm happy to keep serving as her conduit to the world.


the Ed doll ?

Ed actually has a doll of himself. It's more like an action figure that someone he used to work with made. If he sends me a photo, I will post it.

I wish I had a Kathy action figure to play with. If you link now, you can view the blue-eyed barbie Ed thinks favors me. This magma doll makes me sad with its internalized racism and a tragic future built in. I don't like that.

5 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Yo, the boybrat is gayer than Gay Gayerson of Gaysville. I suppose that could be a redeeming quality of the boybrat : tolerance for non-macho masculinities. Who wears a bandana anymore? That's so Rico Suave. And those horrid platform blocky shoes...ugh, I hate those things, so early 1990s. The boybrat is eons behind in fashion sense. I suppose that accurately represents the middle class suburb look, though.

I'd like to order the action figures of both KS and Ed as soon as they are available. What collectors items!! Are there plans for action figures of all the Sheffields?

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 9:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

the most disturbing thing about the Brat doll is its detachable feet. the actual Ed action figure is much cooler (and less gay) than the Brat and will be available in stores by X-mas.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 11:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

If there's one thing I do like about the bratz dolls it's the detachable feet. If you ever played with dolls which embarassingly as a parent sometimes s you have to play with your children whatever it is (even watch Barney with a two year old, teletubbies not so bad)- those Barbie shoes are a real pain, they alwasy get lost and don't stay on the feet. Whoever evented the weird detachable feet was a marketing genious.

Anyway, I think the dark eyes scream Ed.

The pic of KS doll, that's the doll the new barbies called My Scene barbies that Mattel invented to compete with da bratz- I think her name is Madison or something like that, if you imagine her with short hair and brown eyes - it's all KS. I'm not sure if she's racist but she is questionable.

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 12:03:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

I am currently in negotiations with Good Vibrations to market a The Dan action figure...wish me luck!

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 1:44:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

DDS, it Cloudy's eeewe! for me to get it. that's pretty funny

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 5:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home