Saturday, August 20, 2005

Special Birthday Wishes

Today is Sheff's mom's birthday.

Lately, I've been thinking of things I can't do that my mom can. I hope there's enought time and intelligence in my brain to learn them.

Here's what I need my mom to teach me how to do:

- Can tomatoes (do you need to take the seeds out? I never even thought of that, but I bet my mom has);

- Make Jam and jelly from fresh fruit (I've got freezer jam covered, but I'd like to make a canned preserve that can sit on the shelf for a few months);

- Clean freshly caught fish (for now, I can go to Whole Foods, but what if someone brings me something fresh? I don't know what to do);

- Correctly i.d. almost all birds, flowers, plants, trees, mushrooms, and wildlife forms; and

- Read faster than anyone on the planet (Elias reminded me of this nifty trick).

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

5 Added Something:

Blogger RV3 quipped...

Happy birthday to your mom and to Richard! I remember a few years ago when your mom gave you all that yeast and you were making delicious bread almost everyday. Canning fruits and making jams is also something I'd like to learn. Maybe after your mom passes the secrets to you you can pass them down to me...

Saturday, August 20, 2005 12:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Happy B-Day Mamma!

you successfully raised four kids and taught us all the important things in life.

a short list of things mom can do that I can’t:

Calculus
Make beer
Fix a carburetor
Sew
Grow almost any vegetable in almost any condition

lastly (and something single mothers should take note of), Rhea disciplined two teenage boys by convincing us that she could kill a man, dispose of the body and no one would ever know.

Happy Birthday! We Love You Very Much.

Saturday, August 20, 2005 1:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Happy birthday, Sheff's special mom!!

Sunday, August 21, 2005 10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Happy Birthday Mom of Sheff!

What diverse and amazing skills you have - diverse and amazing children as well.

Cheers and all hail another Leo!

Sunday, August 21, 2005 11:58:00 AM  
Blogger Spleengrrl quipped...

Mmmm, jelly. RV3, you should probably not make jelly right now with the ant problem...but Kathy, I hope your tomatoes survive.

Sunday, August 28, 2005 4:18:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home