Thursday, August 18, 2005

Updates

I want to see The Brothers Grimm directed by Terry Gilliam. I've been a fan ever since I watched Time Bandits over and over again (twice at the Ukiah 4 Theater and dozens of times on cable on video rental).

It looks like that new movie, The Cave, is about caves and has nothing to do with Plato and shadows. So take it off your list, Eli.

There's no sense in my writing about So You Think You Can Dance again (especially since I'm engaged in an extensive discussion over at the New Agency; see its review of the latest show). All other t.v. sucks these days.

Elias and I are working on singing a song for an upcoming performance in front of people. I'm kind of freaked out, but encouraged by Eli's patience and direction. He's going to be such an awesome teacher.

I'm loving Izze pear soda these days. Mmm. With the heat and my recent sickness, I've not been that into cooking and solid foods. I finally started eating some of the tomatoes I grew. Otherwise, not much to report. When fall comes, I'll be excited about food again.

7 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Kathy: I, for one, am really excited about your upcoming musical performance. I love your voice on the Christmas album you and Eli collaborated on, it reminded me of Nico from the Velvet Underground and also the Moldy Peaches (both genius). I have no doubt you and Eli will be wonderful. You both are very talented and I can't wait.

Thanks for your comments about SYTYCD, I encourage you to keep sharing as much as you like. Your thoughts are incisive and most welcome.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:07:00 AM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

Plus who can forget her uplifting rendition of various standards at some of the kareoke outings we've had?
I dunno does that count?
I always thought Kathy had a nice singing voice

Thursday, August 18, 2005 9:35:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Hi Kathy,

I agree about your singing and would love to hear this performance. You'll have to do an encore for me.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 10:55:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

MOKSF: you'll be there - we're singing at my bro's wedding.

kathy's my favorite dancer and my favorite singer.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger Greg quipped...

OMG. The idea of The Cave being an adaption of Plato? MADE ME LAUGH RIGHT HERE IN MY CUBE. Comedy gold!

Thursday, August 18, 2005 11:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Observations:

1. for the record, *Time Bandits is still one of the greatest movies of all time

*Time Bandits produced by former Beatle, the late G. Harrison, along with The Life of Brian, another ed fav.

2. i’ve always thought that a contemporary Allegory of the Cave could seamlessly be adapted into reality t.v. format. each week as hapless celebrity prisoners confuse facade with reality, the unassuming audience slowly discovers that we are the real prisoners.

3. Kate and Eli are the Peaches and Herb (or the Captain and Taneal) of my generation.

Thursday, August 18, 2005 1:23:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Oh - at the wedding - well now I'm really excited.

See you soon.

Friday, August 19, 2005 11:35:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home