Monday, October 03, 2005

Not So Much Internets Lately

I've been reading*, excited about the current cinema**, and listening to a new CD***. I'm afraid doing other activities has been getting in the way of my duties at Sheff's Special.

Eli's reading lots of Greek, and seeing and listening to the same stuff as I.

* Eli and I tried to go to a Neil Gaiman reading/signing, but there were way too many people. No way was I going to stand in line (even though I went to the bookstore in time -- before it opened! -- to get a place number of 52) and wait to get my book signed. I'm almost done with Anansi Boys and like it quite well. I think Elias is ten times as clever as the writer of Sandman. I can hardly wait until he becomes a superstar graphic novelist and Hollywood screen writer.

**Serenity was awesome. It's accessible to anyone (no need to have seen the short-lived t.v. show). Good action and drama. Good story. I hope it does well so we see more movies like it in the future.

*** I'm totally into the Kanye West album. Very musical and I'm in agreement with most of his views.

7 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Serenity is, unfortunately, not doing well. $10 mil on the 1st weekend is a flameout. I can vouch for the fact that the uninitiated can still enjoy it, though--I went with someone who never saw the show and he dug it.

Monday, October 03, 2005 9:52:00 AM  
Blogger ninabit quipped...

be comforted that you have inspired me to want to sign up for netflix. in this manner, i shall watch the serenity series and then deem myself a fan and follower.

Monday, October 03, 2005 10:09:00 AM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

What's your favorite track in K. West's disc?

Monday, October 03, 2005 10:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

the real question is, which ISN'T your favorite track? It's a brilliantly woven masterpiece.

Monday, October 03, 2005 12:13:00 PM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

Bummer about serenity's box lackluster draw. Hey I guess people can always be counted on watching the latest Paris Hilton special but shun intelligent entertainment huh? I haven't seen the film but I saw the making of special on sci fi and it looks interesting though I have to say I have a hard time buying the lead guy in the hero role considering he was in league with the "first" against Buffy.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 8:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

And I had a hard time buying him as a bad guy in Buffy because I had seen him first as a heroic leading man. But within a few episodes I was totally into it. The guy's a decent actor.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 9:18:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

I too think of Mal as the creepy preacher from Buffy. Makes him kind of hot.

I don't see what all the complaining is about. Serenity came in number two at the box office. Higher than other new releases like THE GREATEST GAME EVER PLAYED and INTO THE BLUE.

Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home