Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Netflix Endorsement # 2000

The Movie, Time Bandits. Need I say more?

Ok, maybe you're like me and you haven't seen the move for 20 years. Or you haven't seen the movie 20 times for 20 years.

I love TIME BANDITS for:

-- The 80s synthesizer opening music (scary and fun!) and closing credits music.

-- The memorable and best lines including:

"Just keep quiet and you won't get hurt." -- Some dwarf.
"Who ever thought of anybody ever starting anything on one?" -- another dwarf.


"That's what I like -- little things hitting each other." -- Napoleon.
"I'm going to have some new generals for a bit." -- Napoleon again.



"They took all his shit!" -- My roommate.




"Good lord! Jolly good. Four foot one? Well that, that, that is is a long time, isn't it? " -- Robin Hood. He also said, "The poor are going to be absolutely thrilled... . of course they haven't got two pennies to rub together."



-- For being the last movie in which Sean Connery looked good.



-- Also, I loved it when the Evil Genius fought the cowboys as a deadly carousel. He spun, sputtered pipe music, and held a dagger.

6 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

'time bandits' was pretty good, but not nearly as good as 'under the rainbow.' remember that one?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005 6:28:00 PM  
Blogger Spleengrrl quipped...

Sorry, never heard of it. But don't take offense- I never watch movies, really. Maybe I will start...with Time Bandits??

Wednesday, September 21, 2005 3:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Sean Connery's eyes remind me of Eli's eyes. Is that strange?

Thursday, September 22, 2005 3:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

what about these memorable lines from Evil:

"...and soon I will have understanding of videocassette recorders and car telephones. And when I have understanding of them, I shall have understanding of computers. And when I have understanding of computers, I shall be the Supreme Being! God isn't interested in technology. He knows nothing of the potential of the microchip or the silicon revolution. Look how he spends his time: forty-three species of parrots! Nipples for men!... slugs! He created slugs! They can't hear, they can't speak, they can't operate machinery. If I were creating the world, I wouldn't mess about with butterflies and daffodils. I would've started with lasers, eight o'clock, day one."

Thursday, September 22, 2005 7:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I loved Under the Rainbow as a kid. Watching Carrie Fisher run around in her underwear awakened my nascent sexuality.

Friday, September 23, 2005 4:57:00 PM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

Martina looks lovely in that picture...

Saturday, September 24, 2005 2:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home