Thursday, November 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving

I resent Thanksgiving in theory, but I'm happy to see my family and eat delicious food. Special Ed is hosting us, and although only one of us is developmentally disabled (my brother Rich who is autistic), Ed acts like we all have special needs. Poor Ed. My mom is here, and she said we had to keep John on the invite list because we need the salads he and his wife will bring. Otherwise, we're disappointed that John is joining us for such a short visit. His wife has to work tomorrow. At a Walmart distribution center.

Right now, I'm most thankful for funny things. Remember the part in Zoolander where the investigatory journalist confesses she suffered from bolemia as a child? I laughed and laughed when the male model, played by Ben Stiller, thought she meant she could read minds.

But seriously -- no binging and purging today. Be moderate and keep it down.

7 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

i ate too much and want to purge.

Friday, November 25, 2005 12:05:00 AM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

why do you hate thanksgiving in theory? Actually, the gesture was a very nice one, people coming together to give thanks.

Friday, November 25, 2005 10:01:00 AM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

Happy thanksgiving, Sheff. I was happy to hang out with you so many times this past weekend. You spoiled me!!! :-)

Friday, November 25, 2005 2:42:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Happy T-Day! I really missed the Sheff clan this year (special needs notwithstanding) and there was a real shortage of princess-play at my thanksgiving celebration in New Mexico.

Also, thank you Kathy for making a connection between Zoolander and thanksgiving, it will help make the holiday more tolerable for years to come.

Friday, November 25, 2005 5:14:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I thnks in theory it's like inviting lambs to the slaughter, is that right?

Or were the first pilgrims sincere? Did they really want to make friends or were they just abding by the old addage: keep your friends close and your enemies closer?

Who knows -- anyone? -- the good thing is Thanksgiving is great because generally someone else cooks all the really yummy food! And Kathy if you purge you get to eat more, duh?


Stuffing -- yummmmmmmmmmmmm. But I only like my mom's!

Friday, November 25, 2005 6:15:00 PM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday bc generally, it lacks the commercial aspect of xmas plus there is football.

Saturday, November 26, 2005 1:19:00 PM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

Kathy, you were asking ne about this once:

http://www.silverbulletcomicbooks.com/reviews/113397078994917.htm

Thursday, December 08, 2005 7:26:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home