Sunday, January 07, 2007

Food Shows

Check out this blogger's post for a list of best and worst tv food shows. I agree with some opinions and disagree with others.

For example, I agree that Sandra Lee is evil, and I believe her Kwanzaa cake is a hate crime. (Thanks for alerting me, Sacha.) I would prefer to fast or go on a hunger strike than to eat anything that crazy lady makes. Unlike the foodie nyc blogger, I think Paula Dean is awesome! I don't want to recreate too many of her dishes, as they are heavy on the mayonnaise and butter, but I love to watch. I also enjoy the Nigella Lawson show on the Food Network. She's so cute, and she makes stuff I want to eat.

I am in total agreement about Top Chef, a show in which chefs compete in cooking challenges, working with quick dishes, big dinner parties, strange themes, etc. It's the best cooking show on tv right now. I have a hard time watching the last 10 minutes because each show ends with an elimination. Also, the contestants tattle on each other, and it stresses me out a little. Still, it's really good. I only wish I knew when it was on; it seems like the time varies and there are always reruns and marathons.

I'm a latecomer to Anthony Bordain -- No Reservations. It's a cooking/travel show, and even though Bordain is kind an arrogant, macho man, there's some really interesting food and geography to lean about.

PBS has a couple of food shows I enjoy, but I only see them a once in a while. I'm thinking of old Julia Child and more current Daisy Martinez shows. And, of course I always enjoy Martha Stewart on tv, but I prefer the old shows to the newer talk show format with its publicity pushing segments with celebrities.

4 Added Something:

Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

check out my friend's new food site, Food Operator at http://foodoperator.blogspot.com/

Monday, January 08, 2007 12:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

My fav food show is America's Test Kitchen. No frills, just good, useful information. It's great! http://www.americastestkitchen.com/

Monday, January 08, 2007 3:47:00 PM  
Blogger lucy4 quipped...

I think of all the lists, I agree with this one the most about things that are in and out in 2007:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/artsandliving/features/2007/in-out-list/

For top chef, I am going for Elia and Ilan. Though I wouldn't mind if Michael took it. Nothing about him says Top Chef but I think that's the charm.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 6:56:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown quipped...

oh mi god. you're right, the kwanzaa cake is the most horrific piece of pastry I've ever seen. cake garnished with cornnuts and popcorn. she's pathological.

Friday, January 12, 2007 9:59:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home