Thursday, January 04, 2007

In Case You're Wondering

Just like all my heterosexual friends (and non-hets living in Massachusettes or SF a few years ago), Mosca's getting married. She's even got a lovely sapphire engagement ring to prove it and a proposal story to wow her grandkids. Ro/Mo -- good for you and Steve and the girls. I almost cried when I read your email about how he asked. Seriously. Please invite us to the wedding.

As for me, here's my story. Elias and I would love to marry, but Elias is kind of like Brad Pitt when it comes to marriage and justice. When everyone who wants to get married can, so will he. Elias is going to wait until gays and lesbians can marry for real. After that, they're sure to ease up even further and let people marry their pets. Then he can marry Pac'a. After that, they'll allow polygamy and I can be wife # 2. Until then, we're living as domestic partners.

8 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

All things not being equal:

Did you know that domestic partnership is not equal in California. Elias, I think you need to move out until this happens. In California heterosexuals under 62(?) can not register as domestic partners and receive benefits others can.

There is a bill currently in congress that would expand the domestic partnership bill to include heterosexuals living as domestic partners.

ELIAS - you should take a stand on this issue.

I'm sorry I am so happy that I will soon be committed for life to the love of my life and to have this beautiful Van Gough sapphire inspired ring on my finger that nothing else matters, plus I don't believe in denying myself things that others can not have because it is only self-satisfying and not world impacting.

Give me some paper and a client and I will be more than happy to file a lawsuit on their behalf.
I completely support the right of persons to marry and believe that it is unconstiutional, inhumane, and completely rediculous for others to dictate who and how one can do this and then fail to recognize it when it happens. I heard the gay marriage law is in jeopardy in New England. This makes me angry and sad.

But that does not justify Elias' position on this issue - if your not into the marriage thing, or not ready be honest Elias - cuz I 'm tossing the hot potato your way. I just like you so much - I want you and K to be together always.

Friday, January 05, 2007 11:15:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

aw, you're sweet, mosca. And, by the way, congratulations! i'm so happy for you and steve. anyway, you don't have to worry about me going anywhere. kathy's my dream girl; and besides, she's made it clear that she'll kill me before she lets me leave (i like an assertive girl).

Friday, January 05, 2007 2:04:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

none of my business, but I don't buy it. marry her.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger lucy4 quipped...

Marriage can wait but you should start having kids...NOW! It has taken three months of trying to get knocked up to make me realize that I should have tried earlier. So get out there and reproduce! If you don't, Britney Spears wins. She's two up on both of us.

Sunday, January 07, 2007 7:25:00 PM  
Blogger Cloudy quipped...

That is not the only way Elias is like Brad pitt.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 9:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Brad Pitt is F.O.S, but he has a right to his private life.
"I refuse to breathe oxygen until the rainforest is free," is a fairly nice way to say "mind your own business," AND deflect public attention to an issue he cares about.
I hope you are getting a better answer than this in private, because grown, healthy adults living together without any formal committment tells the world that someone is still looking.
Atmikha

Monday, January 15, 2007 7:34:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

thank you so much for the kind and thoughtful advice, dirty dan and atmikha.

Monday, January 15, 2007 3:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Elias, you don't need to worry your pretty little head. I'll cover for you forever. Really.

DD and Atmikha, you don't need to worry either. I made up the Brad Pitt stuff, as Elias is really not up on his celebrity gossip. Also, he doesn't really plan to marry our dog first. It was a joke, but also meant to help people understand that they're making too much of our status. As soon as we get engaged, married, knocked up, etc., we'll let our moms, dads, in-laws, friends etc. know all about it. Until then, I'm gonna make shit up.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007 6:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home