Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Recommendations

I want to share... .

- We've been in Iraq for 4 years now. Maybe this Onion article will help ease the pain.

- J.T. and her man gave me the tastiest candy I've tried in a long time. It's salty caramel covered in dark chocolate. I want more. So should you.

- Anna Eng reminded me that there's a really easy-to-bake recipe out there that everyone should try. Back in November, the NY Times published a recipe for No-Knead bread. It is the easiest bread I've ever made, and it's quite tasty. I've read a ton of accounts of food bloggers/readers who have enjoyed it too.

Most bakers recommend using a Le Creuset cast iron and enamel pot that costs more than $150. Yikes. I recently bought a knock-off version at Target for $40, but I made 6 visits before finding it in stock. It's really popular, and I'm so glad to have it for all sorts of uses. Check out the Not Martha post (and comments) about the pot. Before I bought mine, I used a casserole dish that worked just fine.

3 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

kathy really is obsessed with those candies. she loves them more than anything. ever since she got them, she's been so fixated that she can't even manage to feed the dog or bring her inside out of the rain. they must be good (i wouldn't know because she won't share).

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Poor Pa'ca and Elias - so mistreated.

Thursday, March 22, 2007 5:47:00 AM  
Blogger lucy4 quipped...

Have you seen the clip about Apple's Irack? It's hilarious. It's on youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-KWYYIY4jQ. Hilarious!

Thursday, March 22, 2007 2:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home