Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Special Feeling

Didn't you feel good when you learned that I. Scooter Libby was convicted this morning?

I (me, not Scooter) did. It gave me a little boost and put a little je ne sais quoi in my step today, as I trudged through my case work and considered the struggle I'm in on behalf of organized labor. It's easy when you always work on the powerless side of the power equation (like I always do and will, o.k.?) to feel like my work is futile or a drop in the bucket. So "keeping hope alive" has a special meaning to me, and I take it when and where I can get it. I'm not saying the Libby conviction is going to change the world, but it helps.

7 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I agree - but Rove and Cheney at the very least should be going to jail with him.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 5:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Yeah true K , true, but I agree with special mom - they kind of shot the messenger you know?

That doesn't necessarily make me feel good. It's like when they convict the soldiers for following orders, it's like killing the Sith but not the Sith Lord, he'll just get another Sith.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 9:53:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Scooter's rank (chief of staff to Cheney, right?) and salary is pretty high. People like him go on to be Roves and Cheneys. He's now down for the count. So stop harshing on my mellow!

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 10:48:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

K, I agree with you about taking hope where one can get it. True, Libby going down may not mean much...but it does give me hope that at least SOMEONE went down. And who knows, maybe this may lead to 1. more legal action 2. checking the administration's belief that they are above the law or 3. make me feel happy just cuz.

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 1:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Don't get me wrong. I am happy that any of these guys are being held accountable. I just want more.

Thursday, March 08, 2007 7:39:00 AM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

how do you spell 'here here?'

Friday, March 09, 2007 4:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Happy Belated Birthday Kathy!

YOu should blog about your birthday. Are you having a party? Or did you have one?

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 4:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home