Friday, November 07, 2008

Unreal

It will be soooo weird to like my president. I hope it will last.

On Prop 8, Anna pointed out to me that the Mormons might have been acting out of bitterness in their efforts to pass Prop 8. Given the rejection of their preferred marriages of yore, they felt the need to lash out. Also, as I commented in my last post, there are perverts out there who bought the idea that Prop 8 was not about marriage but about teaching children about gay sex.

4 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

clarification on the Mormon point: I don't so much think they were lashing out in bitterness as they were (perhaps subconsciously) reacting to the fact that THEIR definition of marriage and family (polygamy, etc.) has been significantly curbed and monitored by the state, so it makes sense to me why they would be really super protective of what they consider the only thing they've got left. This man and woman thing.

Catholics on the other hand - they just need to get over it already!

Saturday, November 08, 2008 1:17:00 PM  
Blogger lucy4 quipped...

I think people are not ready for embracing gayness. It's hazardous to come out as gay so people don't know a lot of gay couples. Like I think Americans weren't ready for the civil rights movement either but were forced to by the law. Not that I know what the best route is because forcing people to embrace anything they don't understand hurts the cause yet when is the right time to stop injustice if not now?

I read Bill Clinton's memoirs a few years back and it seems like that's how Don't Ask Don't Tell came about. Like it's a half-assed policy but maybe we can do something like make civil union the exact same thing as marriage without using the word marriage. Something like Happy Unicorn Matrimony.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:52:00 AM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

that seems like a good compromise

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I like unicorns.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008 6:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home