Thursday, December 01, 2005

Food

Thanks to my good friend Sacha, I have eaten fish and chips for the past four days. On Sunday, she and her husband made fish and chips for Eli and me. They got a deep fryer for getting married and wanted to rub our faces in it I guess. Not to be outdone, and to satisfy my ongoing need for grease, I made my own at home on Monday. Living all on my own here in Southern California, I had left-overs for two days. Thus, FOUR DAYS OF FRIED FOOD!!!

(In the photo, you'll see that I made yam fries and hid them under the russets. The fish is catfish, just like Sacha's. The cole slaw is mayo-free and dressed with a little bit of vinegar and salt and pepper. I'll update with a link to Sacha's recipe for matzo cracker crust for the fish as soon as I can find it.)

Now, I'm ready to move on. All I want to eat for the next 4 days is cheese. Specifically, Humboldt Fog.

7 Added Something:

Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

Oh lordy...I need to eat the Purple Haze cheese today! Damn, now I have to go to the Co-Op.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 9:58:00 AM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

follow the 'humboldt fog' link and see the magic 'purple haze' cheese.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 4:25:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I love fish & chips, although I prefer ocean fish over catfish...just sayin'. Plus, I only like cocktail sauce...no tarter sauce.

Thursday, December 01, 2005 5:30:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

cloudy: it's purple cabage slaw. also, people should know that Humboldt Fog costs $19.00 per pound!!!

Thursday, December 01, 2005 6:51:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

humboldt haze costs much much more per pound

Sunday, December 04, 2005 3:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

in case not everyone knows, deep fryers are automatically issued for getting married.

Monday, December 05, 2005 9:00:00 AM  
Blogger Spleengrrl quipped...

It's a good thing my appetite is gone because I have a cold, otherwise I would be starving just looking at that picture! Yum!

Monday, December 05, 2005 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home