Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Updates

In my last post, I wrote about food. Since writing it, I've been too overwhelmed by heat to update my blog or prepare my own food. I've been living on snacks and eating out. I'll get more regular as soon as this heat lets up. k?

Thinking we might get some A/C climate, we went to see A Scanner Darkly last weekend. I thought it was kind of so-so, and I can't really recommend it. It looks really cool, so I'll give it that. On the other hand, the movie drones on and on with jibber-jabber like The Waking Life, only Scanner's conversations are really boring.

Other news: I'm bummed out about the invasion of Lebanon. I'm getting some ripe tomatoes from my scraggly plants. Our home has been sports-free for weeks now. Yeah!

4 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I haven't seen Scanner Darkly but
because nothing else started soon and we were friggin' HOT - we went to see Shadow Boxer. I don't recommend it, although mildly entertaining, as the LA weekly put it, "this is one sick flick."

I didn't see the point, nature wins over nurture? A killer begets a killer? Sickos stick together? Hired killers are weirdos? Mobsters own zebras and kill everyone they know?

Anyone?

Anyway I'm meeeeeeeeeeelting.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 3:01:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

sports-free?!!

as the Giants claw their way to the top spot? sheesh, some homes.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Rent "Turtles can fly"

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 11:57:00 AM  
Blogger Grampa quipped...

I don't really see how that particular Phillip Dick book can be made into a movie. Whatever. What I really want to see someone tackle at some point, is Altered Carbon, by Richard K. Morgan. That is the best Science Fiction that I've read since Gibson.

Friday, July 28, 2006 1:03:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home