Saturday, June 10, 2006

It's Upon Us

The World Cup
The World Cup is here (and we're not even through the Dallas and Miami Championship series!).

As I write this, Argentina and the Ivory Coast are playing. See Xui's pieces if you want to learn more.

I know the rules sort of. Like many people who grew up in Northern California, I played league soccer as a child. Until high school, it was fun, pizza parties, and niceness. I cried once when I got a yellow card for an offense I didn't commit. I think I played on a team with Cloudy when we were high school freshmen. Maybe I just remember playing against her. Anyway, she was quite a jock back then. After junior high, league soccer was co-ed, and I got my ass kicked by aggressive male players. I couldn't take it, and I didn't play team sports again until I got in to ultimate frisbee in my mid-20s. Yes, ultimate frisbee (I was living in Seattle after all!).

Other Sports and Entertainment News
I meant to post something about the death of Zarqawi. It reminded me of the part in Starship Troopers when they caught the big bug. The soldiers felt heroic and duped at the same time.

2 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Sports again? : (

Monday, June 12, 2006 9:38:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Yes, check out my blog for World Cup updates...every day!!! Anytime you can reference Starship Troopers in a meaningful way it's a very good day.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006 10:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home