Saturday, April 28, 2007

Parenting

I'm sure everyone's heard the Alec Baldwin rant in which he calls his daughter a selfish pig. While I would never talk to my own* or anyone's child like that, I don't think it's child abuse. I don't think it's any of my business. I've heard worse in the supermarket. Etc.

In fact, I felt pretty pissed off at the media when the story ran last week. I was staying in a hotel in L.A. and switched on CNN rather than read the USA McNews Today that was chilling outside my door. Baldwin's message to his daughter was the top story!

The only good way to report on this kind of junk is to do it up like this funny piece in which the recorded message is put to some good use.

*Some times I jokingly tell my dogs that I will kick their f'-ing asses if they don't do what I tell them to, but they're in on the joke.

4 Added Something:

Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

You surprised me. I didn't find it headline news either. Isn't Baldwin an outspoken Democrat? His daughter already knew he was a jerk.

Monday, April 30, 2007 2:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

K- I am full agreement with you.

Monday, April 30, 2007 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger Cloudy quipped...

I wish the parents could put the kid first & leave their craziness for their shrink. Just keep the little girl away from Stephen Baldwin & his creepy Pedophiliac Jesus Lounge on wheels.

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 9:43:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Oh come on !
I wish America would stop telling people how to talk to their kids - kids are resilient and they are F'n selfish and most of them don't like to clean up after themselves.

We are all selfish pigs - the sooner we realize it the better.

Our kids are so damn spoiled in this country they can handle a little verbal abuse every now and then - they have everything else -- a little adversity builds character!

from A loving parent . . .

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home