Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Rest In Whatever

Today I broke the news to my most Christiany friend that Jerry Fallwell kicked the bucket. She wasn't upset or anything. I'm trying to talk myself out of believing it, but I think she was kind of glad about it.* Could I be imagining it?

Later, I checked out a reader feedback page at the LA Times and was shocked that so many people are pleased to see him leave this world. In one of the more charitable comments, the author pointed out that Rev. Fallwell will be surprised, when he gets there, at the folks allowed into heaven. However, most of the posters didn't think Falwell was going to heaven.


*I guess if you really love God, Heaven, Jesus, etc., you're happy to see off anyone who gets to join the party/Kingdom of God, right?

p.s. -- here's a statement I can get behind: Matt Foreman, executive director of National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, extended condolences to those close to Falwell, but added: "Unfortunately, we will always remember him as a founder and leader of America's anti-gay industry, someone who exacerbated the nation's appalling response to the onslaught of the AIDS epidemic, someone who demonized and vilified us for political gain and someone who used religion to divide rather than unite our nation."

6 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

i'm really that glad that I'm kathy's most christiany friend. I've always wanted someone to say that about me.

Damn straight (no pun intended) I'd be happy when someone joins the heavenly party upstairs! See, I think Jerry (the moral majority has their own dead Jerry now) is up there surrounded by all these really hot men in angel's wings who are loving all over him despite his hatefulness, but the key to his entrance into heaven is recognizing that that IS heaven. So in that regard I'd have to agree with most LA Times posters that he won't make it.

I have too many feelings about Mr. Rev. Falwell to adequately state them here, so I'll just close with the song that I sang into MY most christiany friend's voicemail after kathy affirmed the Mighty One's departing: "Ding Dong, the witch is dead, the wicked witch, the wicked witch, ding dong, the wicked witch is dead!!!!"

RIP, Jer. Let your venom spread no more.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

I think I know a few Christians who were not fond of him at all!
Sad to say, and I hate admitting it, but Mr. Falwell's passing is not a great loss for mankind...

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown quipped...

You asked Rafi about David's blood tests. We didn't get the results yet, it takes very long because they sent the samples of David, mine and Max blood to England because our labs are not so good. Good that David is a healthy boy, he is a blessing. Congratulations to all your friends who are expecting, hope they will have wonderful birth experience like I did and they will enjoy motherhood like I do!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007 11:53:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Farewell Falwell!

Wednesday, May 16, 2007 10:22:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

K, thanks for this post. I liked what Mr. Foreman, from the NGLTF said about Falwell. I felt the same way, sorry for his family and friends, but not sorry for the rest of the world. IN my notion of the afterlife, Mr. Falwell is no longer full of hate, in fact, he is longer Mr. Falwell at all, but is instead assumed back into the divine energy from which we all emerge. It's a win-win for all: he's happy he's gone, we're happy he's gone!

Thursday, May 17, 2007 10:55:00 AM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

Well, I must have a filter missing or something. Falwell's MM caused so much actual suffering as a result of national policy that I cannot, in good conscience, temper my joy at his demise. If you have a person like this in your family and you consider yourself a good person...it's your duty to resist them vocally. I missed that part of his family's work. Seems like the pigs just lived the high life on the cash of stupid sheep.

Of course, I could be wrong. *imagines a big celebration in cloudy heaven* Nah.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 2:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home