Friday, May 18, 2007

Swim Suit Season

First, the rant:
I hate and dread going out in my swim suit in public; I'd feel more comfortable in my birthday suit to be honest. I can't help it; even when I'm fit and thin, I'm self conscious of my looks in a swim suit. I've rarely owned flattering suits. I have proportion problems, as I'm a bit top heavy.

Next, the reality check:
Blah blah blah, poor me, right. Everyone's got problems, real or perceived. We live in a cruel world in which women are forced to compare themselves to super models. In reality, Elias and I are going to Cancun for 10 days, and no one there knows me. I can look however the hell I want and feel no shame.

I need to block it out and be more like Tyra.



One solution:
Coco reef swim wear. Even the 2-piece is flattering with its careful design and fit for the top piece. It's pricey, as you can see from the link (and the page for the tops alone), so check out discount stores. I've seen coco suits at two different Ross stores for $24 for both top and bottom.

7 Added Something:

Blogger Unknown quipped...

Enjoy vacations in Cancun. Those swin suits look good. I will check the Kylie Minogue line for H&M - I saw the window of the store, the accesories and the swin suits look good.
We still didn't get the results of the blood test, but we got the results from the appointment of the eye doctor, David's eyes are healthy.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

When do you leave for Cancun? I am so happy you guys will be vacationing somewhere outside of the Pacific Northwest!
I agree with you. Surrounded by a bunch of strangers, who cares how one looks! But in my opinion, you are a hot woman...

Saturday, May 19, 2007 3:38:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

We leave in June. Wanna come up and be our house/dog sitter? There's cash and other perks in the deal.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

I don't want to live in a world where 'top-heavy' is considered a problem.

Please, don't be anything like that idiot Tyra.

Woo! Vacation!

Sunday, May 20, 2007 4:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

K-

I have my problems with Trya, but I loved this video clip. You go, gurl. I actually think Tyra's body is hot, hot, hot. Just like I think K is hot, hot, hot. You do need to block that self-depricating shit out, cuz you got it going on. If I was you, I'd be flaunting it all over the place. Have fun in Cancun. Wish I could join you!

Monday, May 21, 2007 9:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I am so envious of your mexico trip & your body. Rock it on the beach, woman!!

Monday, May 21, 2007 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Cloudy, you're such a sweetie. I really wasn't fishing for compliments -- I just want people to get down to Ross and scoop up theses suits on the cheap.

Monday, May 21, 2007 4:59:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home