Thursday, October 18, 2007

Mastication

On Monday, I had all four of my wisdom teeth removed. Lidocaine only. No nitrous. No twilight. I was conscious through the whole thing, so yes, I knew about the cracking, digging, tugging, and pulling that comes with this procedure. To be honest, it wasn't the worst thing in the world. I felt bad for the nice dentist lady as she struggle with two of the four in particular. I worried that she wouldn't be strong enough, but in the end she got them all.

Now I'm recovering and have been eating liquid and mushy meals all week. Elias and even Robin kept me in full supply of soup, mashed potatoes, and those fancy juice drinks. But no meat for days! Today, I stepped it up with macaroni and cheese and ground taco meat (beef!) from the Whole Foods prepared foods sections. Yum! I'm chewing (sort of) again.

5 Added Something:

Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

argh, i need to do that too.

Friday, October 19, 2007 12:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

have you gotten the awesome water syringe thing yet to hose out the holes in your mouth once they heal up a bit?

Friday, October 19, 2007 1:35:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

No syringe, just a weird mouthwash that turns my tongue blackish blueish gray and baffles my acupuncturist.

Friday, October 19, 2007 5:05:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown quipped...

I wish you good recovery! The dentist had to take out one of my teeth last year because she couldn+t save it anymore but she gave me injection so I hardly felt anything. David is healthy, we had appointment with his pediatrician this week. He develops normally and healthy so we told the doctor that we will cancell the hospital appointment on November 23. She agreed with us. The hospital doctor wanted to examine his head under anesthesia - we think there is no need for those tests.

Saturday, October 20, 2007 7:12:00 AM  
Blogger lucy4 quipped...

I had three of mine removed. It wasn't that bad. But my sister just had one removed and she was in pain for a month. Sounds like you're recovering well. Don't worry, you'll be cracking hazelnuts with your teeth again soon.

Saturday, October 20, 2007 2:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home