Friday, February 27, 2009

On The Road

Mostly, I work out of my home, and I love it. I wake up, go from bed to desk with a cup of coffee and skip dressing up, driving, parking, and engaging in personal and face-to-face interactions. As much as I've enjoyed some office scenes in the past, I can't imagine going back to it.

There is a price to pay for the "luxury" of working in sweats and socks however. I have to travel up and down the state several times a month. I also drive out to work sites in the Bay Area. I'm on a trip now, staying in Long Beach, California. The only good things about staying in a hotel by myself are the heat and the t.v. I can crank up the heat and make a sauna of my room. (I'm not allowed to do this at home or in hotel rooms I share with Elias.) Also, the t.v. in my room knows no sports. The work is o.k., but I'd prefer to be home with Elias and my dogs. Even if it's cold and basketball is on the tube.

4 Added Something:

Blogger Cloudy quipped...

Interesting trade off. Working from home is my dream...or getting paid to not work would be nice, too.

Friday, February 27, 2009 1:30:00 PM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

wow blogging every day until easter is pretty ambitious! I plan to step up my blogging as well (though not everyday) at least until my classes began at Cal Poly until the end of March so keep an eye out

Friday, February 27, 2009 3:26:00 PM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

Good for you for blogging everyday!!! That's inspiring!

I like the idea of wanting to do something productive everyday until lent, rather than giving something up!

For lent this year, Raquel, Robert and I have promised to give up red meat and alcohol. 3 days down, and 37 more to go!!! I hope we can make it...

Friday, February 27, 2009 5:00:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Rafi, Raquel, and Robert, I salute you! I just got home from Long Beach, and while I was there tried some fake chicken at a Vietnamese restaurant. I was surprised to like it so much.

Friday, February 27, 2009 10:32:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home