Saturday, February 21, 2009

Random Things Cont.

I want to own Facebook content of others so that I can be sure that what you're about to read will not result in my being sued for copyright infringement. OK, here goes.

But first a little introduction. I have a few contacts/friends on Facebook that I totally don't know and have never met. I don't know why I accepted their requests except that they asked and we have mutual friends, or I should know them in person, but there's been no opportunity. There are also some contacts/friends who are from way back. I'm talking Ukiah High days, and I haven't seen them since graduation or before. It's through one of these folks that I stumbled on a Nascar fan site and I got hooked on reading the comments and loved them. Many of them tell whole stories.

I read this one from TC:

"We are huge Jeff Gordon fans! I took my 3 year old to qualifying here in Phoenix in April and there weren't that many people at the track so I kept him right there at the fence ... as close as you could get to the cars as they waited to qualify. I put my son up on my shoulders and as soon as the little guy spotted Jeff Gordon in the Nicorette car he started screaming like he was at a Beatles concert "Gordy ... I here Gordy ... it's me - C! ... I here Gordy" He was screaming so loud that I can't imagine that all of the drivers couldn't hear him."

And this one from JH:

"Been a fan since his rookie year. Started collecting anything and everything I could get me hands on. I moved to Las Vegas so I could be by a track. I have a Jeff Gordon tattoo on my leg. (yes I went that far.) ... ."

5 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Heh, I know the person who led you to the Nascar site. I added her too, but I had to rack my brains for literally minutes to remember who she was.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 10:39:00 AM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

I too am sometimes too eager to add or accept requests for friendships with people I hardly know. I can honestly say I know 3/4 of my "friends." The rest are friends of friends. Old school pals. And people I might meet at a party, hit it off with, request my friendship, and I never see again... Sometimes I feel like I should edit my list of friends, but then I end up discovering other friends we have in common through their pages...

Sunday, February 22, 2009 10:47:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Just to be clear, I'm not knocking it. It's pretty interesting so far.

Sunday, February 22, 2009 12:07:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Facebook just might be the great equalizer, you know? I've got hardcore Jesus Lovers, Jesus Haters, (And a real live Jesus, as we all know). Libertarians, Democrats, Republicans, Communists. One friend who shoots elk for food (female) and another who writes regular updates on conquering the vagina (male). And now Nascar! Those are some seriously awesome comments.

Monday, February 23, 2009 8:43:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

And, what's up with this "quipped" business??

Monday, February 23, 2009 8:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home