Saturday, March 21, 2009

Ideas For Blogging

For lent, I committed to blogging every day. If you've ever tried it, you know that it's hard coming up with ideas every day. My latest idea is advice. From time to time, I could give advice to questions from my friends, family, Sheff's Special readers, etc. This would be a variation on my usual routine of telling people what they should do or think in that it would be for free and not limited to legal inquiries.

Here's some now to give an idea of how this could work. I have a friend who's having trouble writing some pretty hefty assignments (not Elias and his dissertation). The friend says that s/he heard that it's good to have a substance that relaxes you before you begin writing. That way, you'll write and write away. Even if it's garbage, you'll have something to edit. I have no personal knowledge of whether or not this method works. However, I have another "friend" who used to smoke out and write very well received papers in college. In this instance, the method worked. So my advice -- try it especially since you now know of two anonymous advocates of the approach. That said, start slow and easy. Pick something like chocolate as your relaxing substance. Let me know if that works.

You're welcome.

4 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

A Sheffs Special advice column?

I like it.

Sunday, March 22, 2009 10:35:00 AM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

where was this advice column when I was needy and my heart was being obliterated into little pieces??

Sunday, March 22, 2009 1:32:00 PM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

Dear Kathy, What is your opinion on online dating?

Sunday, March 22, 2009 2:47:00 PM  
Blogger Spleengrrl quipped...

Did you eat some chocolate before writing this post?

Sunday, March 22, 2009 3:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home