Thursday, March 19, 2009

The Parkway Is Closing : (

When I moved to Oakland three years ago, I discovered the Parkway Theater and became a big fan. In a February 2006 post, I wrote:

Over the weekend, we discovered a movie theater in Oakland that is sure to turn us into to avid watchers of current cinema. The Parkway Theater reminds of us the State Theater in Olympia, Washington (where we used to go to college without ever knowing each other). Only the Parkway serves beer, pizza, and nachos. Also, you can sit on sofas to watch the movies. It's just like our house. Elias wants us to start going every Wednesday night when it's 2 for $5 to see movies and still $12 for a pitcher.

Now it's closing (thanks for the alert Juan), and Elias and I are both bummed. So are our friends and most of Oakland too I imagine.

1 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I have been spinning in disbelieving grief since I heard. The Parkway is one of my favorite things.

Friday, March 20, 2009 7:38:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home