Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Obama

Since the election, I've really tuned out of presidential news and much of national politics. I'm ever so glad Obama won, and now I feel like it's my time to focus on other things.

Still, here and there, I've had a thought or two. The AIG bonuses seem outrageous when auto workers have to renegotiate their contracts. Obama fired the GM CEO, and that might be a start. Again, I wonder why he's treating the auto industry differently than the financial piracy industry? Maybe he'll make it up to me and make sure that EFCA gets through. Or Universal Health Care? Mostly, I'm waiting to see and will pass judgment soon enough.

I like this video:

1 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

i heard a discussion of this just yesterday. first of all, some financial ceo's did lose their jobs earlier - during the bush administration - the heads of aig, fanny may and freddie mac, merrill lynch, which completely disappeared, and others. stress tests are still being done on the banks and some may fail. apart from that, the situation of gm and the banks is different. the banks and other financial institutions are viable if they can get past this crisis. gm and chrysler haven't been viable for a long time and haven't done what they needed to do to become viable so firing the head of gm made sense and it also makes sense to go a little more slowly with some of the ceo's. more important than firing someone is putting tough regulations and executive pay limits into place, which is is process.

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 7:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home