Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Bored Meeting

I have to sit through a lot of meetings in my professional and personal life. I'm always trying to figure out ways to deal with my extreme discomfort and embarrassment when some people talk (and talk and talk and talk) without conveying anything that interests me. Lately, I've taken to scribbling what's really on my mind in the margins of my notes. I use super-short hand so no one knows that "tgiai" means this guy is an idiot, or that "pstfu" means please shut the f--- up. At my wit's end in a recent meeting, I wrote "dtgddtd" for does this guy drink during the day? Then I had to check myself with "dislt" -- do I sound like this?

5 Added Something:

Anonymous robin quipped...

i was lol when i read this...
i can relate.

now i have gtfbtw

Wednesday, April 01, 2009 8:19:00 PM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

well at least we have that in common. Unless there's some local nut riled up about an issue, local council meetings tend to be bimonthly snoozefests

Thursday, April 02, 2009 12:19:00 AM  
Anonymous anna quipped...

tonight I was in the meeting of all meetings. Two hours of rich, blond, chatty, rich women sipping wine in a living room talking about how they value that their kids can feed homeless people. Looking out the big pane window at the yachts in the Marin harbor, I had to bite the inside of my mouth to keep it shut. Wish I had thought of writing coded messages to myself - it might have helped me stay sane.

Friday, April 03, 2009 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

KYCMU!!! (Kathy, you crack me up!)

Friday, April 03, 2009 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Cloudy quipped...

Oh I get it, BORED meeting!

Friday, April 03, 2009 12:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home