Sunday, December 11, 2005

Gimme Gimme Gimme

This Xmas, I let people (Ed, Elias, my mom, and Aunt Mary) know exactly what I want. Is that tacky? One of Elias's sisters kept asking what I wanted, and I finally gave in and did one of those lists. I got carried away and put a whole bunch of stuff on it. I don't really expect anyone but Elias's sister to use it. But I secretly hope everyone will use it and buy me every last item.

For my birthday way back when, I put a list up here. It didn't really work. The only things I got were items I purchased myself.

I think of my wish list as the wedding registry I'll never have. I told Eli I don't think we should go the traditional route of asking for presents (when we finally have our special day). I'm fine eating off the plates each of us currently has. Together, we'll have a huge supply of forks, chopsticks, and spoons. Who needs new ones? Eli's just fine with my idea because he thinks we can register on Felicity.com for one big thing that our donors can contribute to in amounts of their choosing. He thinks we'll register for a ginormous plasma television. He's cute.

Oh yeah, I'm not saying we're engaged. I'm just saying we talk about getting presents if we get married. We also talk about how I don't want to wear a white dress.

Until then, there's Xmas and my birthday.

6 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

hey, nobody get Kathy and Eli dishes for X-mas (or for their imaginary wedding).

i'm just sayin'

Sunday, December 11, 2005 10:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I think pre-engaged was the term I heard when I was there. In any case, I'll know you're engaged when I get an email asking for my blessing.

Monday, December 12, 2005 7:06:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Yes, I'm going to request your son's hand in a formal email message from my hotmail account.

Monday, December 12, 2005 7:16:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

You're a better person than I am. I could never resist the opportunity to get a partial return on all the wedding gifts I've bought over the years.

Monday, December 12, 2005 10:37:00 AM  
Blogger Spleengrrl quipped...

I e-mail a list every December to friends just for fun and most of the items are silly (last year I had leg warmers on the list).

I'm glad you have a wedding to look forward to.

Monday, December 12, 2005 3:34:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

long christmas wish lists are good, keeps you wondering within a finite range of what you'd be happy to get. altho I always blank out when I'm doing the list, like at the video store, even though you've been thinking all month "I really want to see that movie, I hope I remember it when I get in there..."

Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:33:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home