Friday, March 06, 2009

Aging

My birthday is next week, and I'm trying to control its impact. I'm getting old and it's starting to show. I have all sorts of plans to get things done so the day and my weekend away go smoothly.

Once again, my driver's license is expiring. Rather than wait until my birthday like I did the last time around, ensuring many birthday hours spent at a Southern California DMV, I renewed yesterday. Even with the furloughs and stress I thought would be going down, I was in and out in less than an hour. Northern California rules over So Cal when it comes to almost all things vehicular.

Next on my list -- beauty shop, oil change, pick up contacts, and everything else I put off in my busy month of February.

So far, I've only received one birthday card, and it was from Southwest. They should send drink tickets or something. Otherwise, the sentiment is pretty meaningless.

5 Added Something:

Blogger RV3 quipped...

I can't believe how quickly time flies... I still remember hosting a party for your 30th, now here we are an undisclosed amount of years later celebrating yet another year.
You'll here from me on the 12th, but I'll say it now: Happy Birthday!!!

Friday, March 06, 2009 10:17:00 AM  
Blogger Cloudy quipped...

You still look as young and fresh as a Spring flower.

Friday, March 06, 2009 10:54:00 AM  
Blogger lucy4 quipped...

Where you're going this weekend is similar to where I am going next weekend I mean if you are like me and think that the Pinball Festival in Grapevine, TX is as classy as drinking wine at a grapevine. Also, I think a free alcoholic beverage card from Southwest would also be appreciated.

Friday, March 06, 2009 5:12:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

It's next weekend that we're going too. Friday the 13th forward. I don't know about pinball, but there's a bar near the house we're renting with pool and a juke box. That's what I'm told.

Friday, March 06, 2009 5:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I got the same card from Southwest! Well, happy birthday! Don't let it bring you down. I don't, though it kinda sucked. Rafael called me and talked on and on but was oblivious to the fact that it was my birthday. Just kidding, Rafi, it was funny & cute.

Thursday, March 12, 2009 7:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home