Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Mmm Cup Of Hot


It's been raining for days. I know we need it, but it kind of bums me out when it's so gray for so long. The dogs are bored and sick of it too. Today, I did something about it. I made hot chocolate for me and Elias. I made up my own recipe and succeeded if you ask me.

3 TBSP unsweetened cocoa power
2.5 TBSP sugar
dash of ground cinnamon
orange zest in the amount that results from a couple of swipes on a microplane grater
less than 1/8 tsp vanilla
2 cups milk (we have 1% on hand)

I heated and whisked everything at once.

I topped our mugs with whipped cream from my new whipped cream maker. Mmm and what a nice break from the gloom.

3 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Ok, you're totally making us hot chocolate at wino weekend!!

Tuesday, March 03, 2009 11:06:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown quipped...

I will try this recipe at home. I am a hot chocolate fan. I sometimes order it in coffee shop instead of coffee.

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 9:58:00 AM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

I hope Kathy will try this recipe for me, when I visit the Bay Area in May for Robin's graduation...

Wednesday, March 04, 2009 5:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home