Sunday, March 01, 2009

Lent Update

When I was a kid, my mom used to make non-meat meals on Lenten Fridays. I think she liked the opportunity to experiment. I think I'm going to enjoy my own exploration in the coming days. Last Friday, I ate out at a Vietnamese restaurant and tried fake meat for the first time in years. (Once I was a vegetarian... .) The fake chicken was fried, textured well, and in a spicy stir fry dish that was delicious. I could eat like that from time to time.

I can still eat sweets, just not baked goods right now. Today I saw a recipe in the Chronicle for lemon mousse, and I want it. I've never made mousse before, but I'll post about it (since I have to post every day now). It looks pretty easy.

8 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

We didn't eat meat on Friday either, I made delicious soup with pasta and beans using my friend's recipe. My friend Valeria is Italian, she lives in Rome, she writes to me classic letters every month, she doesn't have internet. She ads a recipe or 2 every month, she takes those recipes from italian magazines she buys. I enjoy that I am stay at home mom, I do translation jobs in the morning when David is in pre-school and I have time to cook a delicious meal before he gets from pre-school. He gets meals in pre-school but he enjoys eating what I prepare when he gets home.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 10:23:00 AM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Hi Anka!

Sunday, March 01, 2009 10:46:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I want to be supportive of your daily blogging and so am posting even though I just had a whole conversation with you about the mousse. And I'm still trying to understand why we all now "quip"...

Sunday, March 01, 2009 4:25:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

A long time ago I played with my blogger template to make people "quip" instead of "say." It took more than a year for it to change over, and I don't know why now.

Also, as I told you when we talked about the mousse, you look more like Catherine Zeta Jones than Sharon Stone. I'm sure that dude you talked to just mixed the two up.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 4:33:00 PM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

why don't you post the recipe to a broken heart? I'm sure a lot of people could benefit

Sunday, March 01, 2009 6:21:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

H-17, just click on the hyper-linked word.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 7:17:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown quipped...

Hi Kathy! I don't know why posting under my name didn't work yesterday. I will make the lemon mousse. We will have chicken - lefovers from yesterday's lunch and rice. I made baby dutch pancake yesterday following Martha Stewart recipe. Very yummy! David ate a big slice. We ate it with home made grape jam. Max's sister is making jams at home.

Sunday, March 01, 2009 11:19:00 PM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

Kathy Lent is 47 days long, and not 40... I am now panicking!!!

:-)

Monday, March 02, 2009 5:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home