Friday, April 01, 2005

More on Ed



My brother, Ed, made dinner the other night and used up ham, veggies, and rice from Easter. He is as thoughtful as everyone says, and I loved that he used ingredients I had on hand.

The next day, he packed my lunch for me. I had a big helping of the rice dish. Two little extras made it my most special brown bag lunch ever. First, he wrote my name on the bag. No mix ups in the group fridge at work. The not-in-my-handwriting made it clear to others that I am cared for. Also, there were two little candies for dessert. Since I feel like I have to do almost everything for myself, it felt good to have someone else do it for me.

Spring break is over for Ed, and he left today for home. Too bad for me.

3 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Ed rocks!! Can Ed head over to my house next? I'd love it if he cooked for me, only at my house he'd only be allowed to wear the apron.

I'm just sayin...

Friday, April 01, 2005 9:13:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I'd like to give a shout out to Kathy's folks. The whole gaggle (or is it a parliament?) is first-rate. good show.

Friday, April 01, 2005 10:14:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

that was all very sweet. i think the only thing that would have made it better would have been a note (preferably on a napkin) telling you to have a great day and that he loved you. complete with a drawing of a heart of course. :) but still, Ed rocks.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 5:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home