Saturday, March 04, 2006

Tune In After The Oscars

I'm sure to be inspired after tomorrow night's show, so stay tuned.

Elias (who passed two PhD exams recently!) and I finally saw Brokeback Mountain. I found it to be powerful, and I hope Ang Lee gets some Academy love. I also really liked Good Night and Good Luck both for its story and the look of it. I didn't see Crash, but I'm curious in spite of Anna Eng's warnings.

Since I'm not really qualified to speculate further, I recommend you read the New Agency for Xui's Oscar picks.

2 Added Something:

Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

How do you figure the Oscars are more important than the Super Bowl?? important to whom? This you didn't make very clear, or the criteria you use for importance. Not that I disagree with you, but it seems a haphazard and random claim to make

Sunday, March 05, 2006 9:52:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Crash is a stupid piece of crap. At first I thought it was just ok, but after reading the mounting criticism (all very insightfull), my contempt for the movie grows. And now this ode to white liberal guilt gets an Oscar for Best Picture? Just goes to prove the Academy is full of stupid honkies.

Monday, March 06, 2006 9:46:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home