Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Unpack This

I cannot believe how long it's taking me to settle in! No one can come over until the book cases are put together.

In the mean time, I'm enjoying DLS once more and the satellite t.v. service. Have you seen Paula's Home Cooking? I like it. She's kind of hillbilly-style, but entertaining to me nevertheless. She's entertaining because she talks all Southern and says "spaturla" instead of spatula. Also, she explained that she came to like avocados later in life, after learning they were full of fat. It's just the kind of frank low brow talk I appreciate.

There is no way I'm going to be trying her recipes on my own. I want to live to be old, and she uses lots of fat and processed ingredients. For example, she has a recipe for green been casserole that calls for 1/3 stick butter, 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, 1 (2.8-ounce) can French-fried onion rings, and 1 cup grated Cheddar. Yikes! At least she prefers fresh green beans over frozen.

In between unpacking and assembling Ikea pieces, I'm doing fun stuff. I'm baking a bread that takes days --
24 hours for the sponge, 8 hours for the dough, 3 hours to proof the loaves, and baking time. I'll post a photo when it's done.

Oh yeah, then there's all the news that has gone down while I've been in transition. Rest in Peace Coretta Scott King. The Oscar nominations have gone out. And Bush & Co. still bites.

Pac'a is pretty bored with all of this and wants to know when we're going home.

5 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Can't wait to visit again. Maybe by the time I get there, you're bread will be done! Nos vemos pronto. The New Agency Loves You.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger RV3 quipped...

I love it when Kathy bakes bread, I have fond memoires of it... Like Agent #8 said, I can't wait to visit oyu either...

RIP, Coretta Scott King.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 6:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

two words, sister
Hot Wings

oh, and RIP Queen King

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Ed wants hot wings to be on the table on Super Bowl Sunday. Maybe Paula's Home Cooking has a recipe.

Thursday, February 02, 2006 7:38:00 AM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

I can't think of anything clean that DLS can stand for.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 11:50:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home