Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Last Night's Golden Globes

The Golden Globes Awards Show was sick and evil, and I watched the whole thing. Me and the Annas.

I believe Anna F. shares my views and/or contributes to them in substantial ways. She made a really good analogy between the stars on the red carpet and cattle herds in corrals. Anna E. isn't quite the enthusiast that we are, but she's a good sport.

As for the awards show itself, I have one question and many observations.

Question: Why would the best t.v. shows like Battlestar Galactica, Deadwood, Carnivale, and The Wire rock get no nominations?

I loved George Clooney's speech and all the stuff he did last year. He pointed out the silliness in Jack (Abram) off's name.

I don't understand how the Hollywood Foreign Press nominated the househos for 4 out of the 5 choices for best actress in a t.v. comedy. That show is not funny or good. (Still I watch it.) That blonde lady from My Name is Earl is funnier than all the househos put together. Also, how come Alfre Woodard wasn't at the table? Segregation or what? (Oops, that's another question.) And on MLK day of all days! Now I really hate that show. (I will probably still watch it.)

The boobs were their own show. We couldn't help but contrast Drew Barrymore and Melanie Griffith. Which is worse -- no bra or totally fake, gravity defying breasts on a woman who is almost 50? Even on a 20 year old, those kinds of boobs are freaky. Also, what was up with Melanie's daughter? Drugs or stage fright? I was disturbed. But back to the boobs thing... . I don't get it. If I had all that money and fame, my boobs would always look perfect. Virginia Madsen made good with her goods.

Surgery is not the answer. The worst work on a body or face award goes to Fergie of the Black Eyed Peas. She is younger than me, yet she looks 20 years older. So sad.

To be honest, the show was pretty boring.

5 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Yes, the show was rather boring. I did like the funny speeched by Geena Davis and Steve Carrell. But then the rest of the show was DULL.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 9:06:00 AM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

just what exactly constitutes perfect boobs??

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 12:26:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

I missed it, but thanks for your links. I was able to use them to see a picture of Scarlett, which you neglected (I forgive you) to link...and even ended up following your Fergie link to an awesome pic of Jared Leto , who is apparently on the Dan-Diet-Plan for his role as Mark David Chapman in the upcoming movie.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 1:42:00 PM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

Since I know rv3 will probably delet my comment from his blog since it is not "on topic" can you tell me if I have to RSVP for the party? Or can I just show up??

Thursday, January 19, 2006 11:38:00 AM  
Blogger Spleengrrl quipped...

The Globes WERE dull. I turned it off and went to bed. Melanie Griffith's daughter was totally high. Or so it would seem.

Thursday, January 26, 2006 8:57:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home