Wednesday, August 16, 2006

We Joined A Gym

Elias and I are trying to undo the effects of shacking up. We joined a gym, and I hate it. I don't know how to work all those machines, and I get tired trying to "do my cardio." Brother Ed is trying to help out -- he has all kinds of advice for us. I should concentrate on working up to a good circuit, and Elias should plan on basketball with occasional free weights.

We're going to give it a good try, even though it's going to cut into our t.v. schedule. Luckily, So You Think You Can Dance, America's Next Top Model, and other shows suck or have failed to impress as they once did. Another highlight: we got to go shopping for workout clothes. Good thing because I'm too fat to wear my old workout clothes, plus they're like 15 years old or something.

4 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

i got some of those new-school bball shorts that go past my knees, and they have the cal logo on them. go bears! i tried to play 21 with a little kid and a guy with a broken leg, and it just about killed me. i need this.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006 10:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

K- You should try listening to your most motivational music while working out, this helped me. I lost 300 lbs in 4 weeks while on a stair climber listening to ABBA!

Thursday, August 17, 2006 9:23:00 AM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

Yea, I need to get back in shape myself. You and eli have inspired me to go back to my walking routine.

Thursday, August 17, 2006 1:36:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I love ABBA. "One day my life will be an ABBA song."

I think Kathy & Elias should do a video dance routine for christmas this year (hearkening back to their CD of yore). That would be some kick-ass motivational exercise!

Saturday, August 19, 2006 5:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home