Thursday, September 21, 2006

Updates

Hugo Chavez ripped Bush a new one. I'm a big fan of Hugo Chavez.

In other news... .

Birds are back! The heat is less oppressive, and there are migratory schedules to keep up with. Last Friday night, after seeing The Illusionist, we encountered three Black-Crowned Night Herons. They're nocturnal and predatory. These birds are also huge and lack the grace of Egrets and Blue Herons if you ask me. They were going through trash, and the one perched on a tree above our car relieved itself all over our hood.

Our Mexican Sage is back in bloom, and it's quite an attraction for hummingbirds. Yesterday I was within 2 feet of one (likely the Anna variety). It's the closest I've ever been to one.

Some day soon, I'll post my own photos and stop relying on the rest of the world wide web to illustrate my life.

6 Added Something:

Blogger ninabit quipped...

yea, kathy!!!
i love hearing abour your birdies!

please tell pac'a i said hello.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:11:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

I am so embarrassed at today's response by Nancy Pelosi. Hugo's a common thug, eh? I don't think so.

I loved the speech and am glad to hear anyone speaking to the truth, if a bit sensationalistically (is that a word? sensationally didn't feel right...it felt like the devil's own sulfur).

Thursday, September 21, 2006 12:15:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

I'm sorry that I wrote "ripped Bush a new one." That's gross and disrespectful. Pardon me please. I still agree that he is the devil, and Hugo Chavez rules.

Thursday, September 21, 2006 6:47:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

I love that you wrote 'ripped Bush a new one'.

Also I read today that Chavez' mention of Chomsky's book has thrown it into a sales tizzy. Yay!

That Mexican Sage isn't Salvia Divinorum by any chance is it? Sakes alive, I crushed some of that up once and smoked it and the couch nearly ate me.

Friday, September 22, 2006 2:19:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

DD, are you the kind of guy who will smoke anything? My sage is a different type. Its leaves are longer.

Lucy4, I worry about that too. I can't believe the democrats taking Chavez to task. That's not their job.

Friday, September 22, 2006 6:39:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I don't think the Democrats have figured out what their job is yet.

Monday, September 25, 2006 9:43:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home