Wednesday, January 02, 2008

NEW YEAR POST

OMG! It's 2008! My 20 year high school reunion happens this year. I'm so old and gray and aging. At least I have true love with Elias and lovely friends and family members.

PREDICTIONS FOR WHAT'S IN AND WHAT'S OUT

IN
  • Eating in and home cooking.
  • Chinese exercise techniques like Qigong and Tai Chi.
  • Dogs (always in style).
  • Scrabble (again, but now on line).
  • Recycling and composting.
  • Safe seafood.
  • Dressing down.

OUT
  • Eating out for entertainment.
  • Bars (except when you have to go to watch basketball playoffs because you don't have cable).
  • Styrofoam.
  • Spending money on getting your nails did.
  • I read that stainless steel everything in the kitchen is out (but it matters not for me the renter of homes with ever-outdated kitchens).
  • Dressing up.

RESOLUTIONS FOR ME
  • Stop complaining about how old and aged I feel. Daily exercise might help. So will Qigong or Tai Chi, right?
  • Save money so we can have a kick ass wedding. This will require putting money away, eating out less often, and not running to the vet every time our dogs sniffle.
  • Eat better. I really liked this post at Serious Eats about eating better. Mainly, I plan to eat smaller portions and more plants.
  • Watching less TV will be easy because we're now cable/dish-less. (I'm bummed that I have no place to watch The Wire. Either Sacha and Juan need to get us a hook up or Anna has to find a boyfriend with HBO before January 6th.).
  • I'm carrying over one from last year: get out more to see plays and have other high culture experiences. Again, the no cable/dish will help.
  • Post more regularly.

9 Added Something:

Blogger Greg quipped...

If you want to play me, I play Scrabulous through Facebook. I've got a few games going right now.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008 7:43:00 PM  
Blogger munira quipped...

I like your resolutions and I'm really looking forward to seeing both of you.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 5:22:00 AM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

ugh, the 20-year. maybe i oughtta man-up and play a couple of prince songs at the damn thing.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger lucy4 quipped...

You don't need a lot of money to have a super duper wedding. I just have two regrets about my own wedding. I should have gone to a spa before the wedding instead of stressing about it the day of and the second is to have dancing at the reception. I say save your money for the house and wait ten years to splurge on your vow renewal with your kids and pets surrounding you.

Thursday, January 03, 2008 4:23:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Good advice. When is Lucy Jr. arriving?

Thursday, January 03, 2008 5:04:00 PM  
Blogger lucy4 quipped...

My due date is Jan. 31st but who knows. You should get hitched and push one out yourself because you know Britney's two up on you. You've seen Idiocracy haven't you?

Friday, January 04, 2008 5:08:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

I LOVE (and put up with) Idiocracy!

Friday, January 04, 2008 7:24:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I got my invite to the 20 year reunion and it is like $100 bucks EACH to attend. Um. No.

Monday, January 07, 2008 12:23:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown quipped...

I was just at Ukiahi's Class of 87 thing. You know how you didn't go to pep rallies? Continue following that muse.

Monday, January 07, 2008 2:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home