Monday, April 04, 2005

Eating Out

I went out to dinner with Indra to Rita Flora Kitchen on La Brea the other night. For dinner, the menu offered a selection of tapas style dishes. (Indra says you can get nice, full size sandwiches for lunch.) We had really yummy salad greens. I didn't think the 5 or 6 spears of white asparagus was worth $8. The dessert was kind of stale, and that bothered me. Restaurants need to toss out desserts daily. Make the waitstaff fat on pastries. Give leftovers to the poor. Compost them. Don't serve them to people for 5 or 6 dollars per portion.

The waitstaff consisted of really fit, attractive and friendly people. They were dressed in bright colored American Apparel style outfits. What a bunch of cuties!

Today's my dad's birthday. He's 78 years old.

6 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Happy Birthday to SHEFF!!!

Monday, April 04, 2005 9:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

yeah, Happy Birthday to SHEFF!!! tapas are nice when you're in spain, but in this country it seems like they're little more than a chance for rich people to show off buying their appetizers for entree prices. too bougie for me.

Monday, April 04, 2005 11:21:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

when i'm in th mood for Spanish tapas-style dining i just go to any overpriced restaurant and order off the appetizer menu over and over again.

and

HAPPY B-DAY to Pop!!!

Monday, April 04, 2005 12:18:00 PM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

Happy B-Day to the dad!

Monday, April 04, 2005 1:29:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I have eaten there once before when I used to work in the westside ages ago... I remember not being too impressed.
P.S. Happy B-day Papa Sheff!!!

Monday, April 04, 2005 3:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

There's this pretentious place in Austin called Cuba Libre that serves tapas. Why tapas at a place called Cuba Libre?? Because for some Americans all Spanish speakers are the same, I guess. I don't know, maybe they have tapas in Cuba. In any case, the tapas are good, but I only had them during Happy Hour when they are 1/2 off. Oh, and did I mention the place has a velvet curtain at the entrance that opens every time someone enters the place. How dumb.

Monday, April 04, 2005 5:15:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home