Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year.

I'm days late in wishing folks a Very Special New Year. I've been kind of busy (more on that later).

Along with my greetings, I'd like to present the beginning of my 2006 IN and OUT list. It's more personal than anything, but everyone knows how influential I am.

IN:

Sensible shoes (like Birkenstocks and Danskos)
Dark chocolate and home made bake goods (it helps prevent cancer, you know)
Boy cut panties (according to Elias)
Bloggers (as pundits)
Alternative lifestyles (like moving in with your boyfriend before marriage or starting a commune)
Recycling

OUT:

Shoes and boots with spiky heels and narrow toes
Cupcakes (even though I love them, the cuteness is getting played out)
Thong underwear (according to Elias)
Pundits (from the ranks of the networks and traditional political culture)
Traditional values (whatever that means!)
Making too much garbage

7 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I agree with all your INs and OUTs, save for one. Well, not really even all of one, just the part about Birkenstock's. I am all about comfortable shoes, but please, do you have to throw out style too? I say no. You can all have our cake and eat it too.

Birkenstocks, by a law decreed by God 10 years ago, ARE NEVER, EVER IN. Same goes for Tevas and like-minded shoeware. Sorry, God said so.

Happy New Year!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:48:00 AM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

new agent's right. birks are terminally out. keep the gardening clogs in the garden while yr at it.

happy new year!

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:12:00 AM  
Blogger Dirty Dan Sin quipped...

um...kathy, can you make lucy stop talking about cuddling? more eyepatches would be fine.

*scared*

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 9:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Unfortunately - high heels and pointy shoes are in.

K -- Clogs and Birks are soo early nineties. Come to think of it most of your shoes are! I guess that's because granola and grunge were in then- that's when northwestern wear was fashionable (everyone had a patagonia even if it was 90 degrees outside). You know what they say, you can take the girl out of the northwest but you can't take the blah blah blah.

E - do these new boy cut panty fantasies have anything to do with the 'beloved' reference. Should K worry?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:06:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

DD, XG, etc: I'm not proposing more Ugg wear.

SM: I cannot believe you would have people believing that I look early 90s. Nothing says early 90s like the black outfits you wear. Also, you let your hair hang down in your face.

Anyway, my prediction will come true. Earthish shoe wearing will be the natural progression of the yoga and pilates craze. You can't develop in those disciplines if you wear bad-for-the-body shoes all the time. You'll see.

By the way, your little one needs to work on her breathing and focus as she practices her hatha. k?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

you look as you peak
We must have peaked in the early 90's
Isn't black always in? And doesn't that make me New York-ish or Beatnik - I thought these things were always cool. Oh my Fashion - am I dated - are these things no longer cool? I am stuck in the 90's.

Well I don't have time to primp (my hair) - I can barely get out of bed - besides I thought the Oleson twins brought back the messy stringy dirty hair thing.

Awwwe K - if it's any consolation some of my best friends are hip hip hippie-girls from the NW who wear garden clogs and birks.
(Confession : I had clogs & Birks in 1992)

Kwanzaa is IN-

Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:31:00 PM  
Blogger Kathy quipped...

Lucy 4, if you give me the go ahead, I'll add you my friends links. The 5 or 6 readers I have would likely benefit greatly from the yellowpoplucy blog. Even though we haven't met, you're connected to the spleen family and felo. That's nearly friend enough for me.

Also, I'm sorry for your financial loss.

Thursday, January 05, 2006 6:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home