Saturday, January 14, 2006

Re NFL

Dear John, Xui, and Ariel:

Can you believe the Seahawks? You must be so pleased and entertained by their success. I understand that today's win marks the second playoff victory ever. The last time was in the 70s (or the early 80s) when Jim Zorn was the quarterback. It might have been Dave Craig.

I wish you well in your playoff viewing. Also, I hope you take no offense should you favor the Colts or the Broncos or some other team. It's just that I once lived in Seattle, and I can only imagine how important this time is to that community.

In Friendship and Solidarity,
/s
Kathy

8 Added Something:

Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Kathy:
Unless I am mistaken, The Seahawks’ last playoff win before today came in 1984, 22 years ago! In the Wild Card Game that season, the Seahawks defense forced 3 turnovers and 6 sacks in a 13-7 win over the (then) Los Angeles Raiders at the Kingdome. That season they went 12-4 and the quarterback was indeed Dave Craig. (Jim Zorn played backup.)

Although I am happy for Seattle fans, I am not that impressed by Seattle’s win. As I’ve mentioned before, I think they are a “smokescreen” team because if you examine their regular season record, they only beat 2 or 3 teams with a winning record. I do think statistically speaking, Shaun Alexander is the best running back in football though.

Saturday, January 14, 2006 9:48:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

i vaguely remember that seahawk victory back in the day. but i thought the raiders were in oakland at the time?? i know they had marcus allen, and he was really good. i think the seahawks just might make it all the way with their defense. but shaun alexander will have to get over his concussion and step it up.

Sunday, January 15, 2006 10:05:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Trust me, the Raiders were in L.A. and coached by Tom Flores at the time, who ironically would later take a front office job with...yep, the Seahawks!

Sunday, January 15, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Through extensive quantitative/qualitative statistical analyses of their regular season record in comparison with contemporary and historical post-season performances, I conclude SEAHAWKS "smokescreening" it all the way, baby! SUCKIT!!!

Monday, January 16, 2006 12:37:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

K, thank you for giving props to the 'Hawks. Smokescreen my ass! Seattle played very well on Saturday. They will win next week and then go on to the Superbowl and beat the Broncos. And all of us in Seattle will enjoy a year of complete and utter bliss.

Monday, January 16, 2006 5:28:00 PM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

This from a guy who predicted all season that Indy would not only go undefeated but also capture the NFL crown?? I went on the record to state that the darlings of the MSN a.k.a the Indianapolis Colts and Peyton Manning would be beat by a better AFC team and that's exactly what happened this weekend. OK so I was wrong about the Patriots and the Bears, but hey only human. However, I do strongly believe the Steelers will roll over Denver on their way to meet the Carolina Panthers in the big game.

Monday, January 16, 2006 6:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

At least my teams made into the playoffs. Where are your Chargers? Or your Giants? Oh yeah...no where.

Everyone knows the Colts are the best team in the NFL. The Steelers just got lucky.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006 8:41:00 AM  
Blogger waldocarmona quipped...

I don't really like the Giants, I just thought they had the best shot to win the NFC. I actually hate Eli Manning bc he refused to play for SD last season. As far as the Chargers go, all thigs considered they should go deep into the playoffs next season providing they get some help defensively and manage to keep most of their good players. Given the fact their first 4 losses in the first half of the season were by 4 points or less and given the brutal schedule the league stuck them with this season, I think that they will be contending for the AFC West title again next year and I can't wait.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006 12:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home