Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Recent Photos: Our Dogs Are Cute; Elias Is Out For The Season

The photos in this post don't really belong together. On the one hand, our dogs are really cute and happy. On the other hand, Elias is suffering from a serious sports injury. He'll recover, but his NBA career is over.

See, I told you. Really cute.


Pac'a and Omar are having to do a lot of snuggling as they wait out storms and spend lots of time indoors.


Elias ruptured his achilles tendon while playing two on two. He will likely require surgery in the coming days. Pac'a just wants her half of the couch, and she argues that cute dogs and sports injuries are indeed connected.

In Elias's words:

Well, I do need surgery. But guess what? No one hit me, or kicked me, or threw a basketball at me. That's just what it feels and sounds like when your achilles tendon spontaneously snaps!! Cool, huh?

9 Added Something:

Blogger RV3 quipped...

Get well soon Elias! I had a similar injury late last year, after taking an embarrassing fall in my aerobics class. Luckily it did not require surgery, but boy was it ever uncomfortable!!!

P.S. The dogs look cute...

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:27:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

I'm feeling so much love for those dogs even though Omar thinks he can dominate me.

And I'm assuming the lack of Greek or Latin and the general enthusiasm about the snapping of his achilles tendon means that Elias is still drugged?

Wednesday, January 09, 2008 10:39:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown quipped...

I wish Elias good recovery. I broke my ankle in 1st grade, I had cast for 2 weeks and it wasn't nice at all! Cute dogs!

Thursday, January 10, 2008 8:50:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Wishing Elias a speedy recovery.

No dissertation about the history of the "achilles" tendon - maybe when Elias feels better.

Dang those dogs do look cute. Maybe Pac'a is sad about ELias.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

Ouch! I guess we won't be going to the gym anytime soon, huh?

Hope you feel better. Well, after the surgery anyways. Let us know if we can bring you some food and entertainment!

You should resubscribe to cable.

Thursday, January 10, 2008 3:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

thanks everyone. i'm getting surgery on wednesday, and i should be walking within a month, so it could be worse. kathy has been both angelic and heroic, taking care of me and kicking some serious ass when blue cross gave me a hard time. her super power is goodness. and yeah, the decision to cancel cable seems a bit rash in retrospect.

Saturday, January 12, 2008 8:53:00 AM  
Blogger munira quipped...

A big thank you to Super Kathy. See you soon.

Sunday, January 13, 2008 7:55:00 AM  
Blogger lucy4 quipped...

I read a book about some serial killer who loved to cut his victim's achilles tendon because there was this satisfying snapping sound. Always made me wonder what that would sound like, not that I am planning in killing anyone soon. Well, not just for that.

Monday, January 14, 2008 4:58:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous quipped...

OW! cute! OW! cute! OW! cute!

This post is so conflicting to me. I guess the cuteness of the dogs help ease the pain of that awful injury. Sorry, Eli. Hope the surgery & hospital time are speedy and not too uncomfortable.

Thursday, January 17, 2008 2:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home